System Investigation Concept
The gap between system purposes and the condition actual system.
The report of detection problem is not real or actual.
1. The purpose is excessive ideal.
2. Lacking of resource and or attitude.
3. Measuring of system is not so accurate.
4. The purpose of system was backward.
5. The difference of ideal system and several system.
a. An Acurate the inverstigation.
b. Ideal Getting of system consensus.
c. Developed several alternative.
d. Select the best alternative.
Purpose of investigation indicate problem are happen in the system.
The problems in investigation system
When investigation, there are some problem, that is :
The investigation results are a recommendation that include these following:
- Never take any action –> if there is no problem was found
- System maintenance –> some small problems
- increase ability or user ability
- totally consider to system modification
- put problem into the development system plan
Why we need tactic?
- to find all the problem
- to find out the reason
- to find out the best solution
Investigation tactics is very important for the entire elements system so that the system can accept request solution without disturb their activities.
Some tactics that we can do:
- listening the suggestion from system agent
- don’t give beginning solution
- comparing the stories from system agents about similar cases
- notice the logical inconsistent problem
Technique directly (Internal):
- The questionnaire
Technique Indirectly (External):
- Flow of the procedure
- Reviewing documents
Current system Description
- Data elements
- Transaction and document action volume
- Data Flow Diagram
Requirement of Analysis
Intensive Interaction stage between system analyst by end is user of where team of system development indicate for get faith user.
Four Purpose which wish reached
- Explaining the system completely.
- Describing ideal the information system.
- Giving provide about make the user trusting into system development
- Bringing ideal information system to condition in this time by paying attention to resource constraint
- Analyse procedure
- Document Observe
- Eksternal Factor
The Requirement Document Analyse
1. Instruction analyse
Relationships with end users, the observation process, problems in data collection.
2. The user needs
The need actual, reporting requirements, training needs and the influence of the new system
3. System Constraint
Explain the constraints of time and cost, expertise, membership, technological and factor eksternal
4. Document in the form of data collecting instrument, statistical consensus, the logical flow of data phisical.
Generating System Alternatives
1. create alternative to solve the information system problem
2. Applying best alternative wisely.
1. Distributed versus centralized processing
Changes in information decision-making from the centralized data processing to the decentralized end user responsibility center
2. Integrated versus dispersed database
System designer must consider the data which are entered in the database and into the file
3. Surround Strategy of System Development
About important environmental strategy in the case of company takeovers because the information system of other companies may vary with the company at this time.
Before behavior to design operational
Designing Operational Options
Selection in design operational can be group:
1. Online Vs Off Line Data Entry
2. Keyed Vs Machine Readable Data Entry
3. Centralized Vs Decentralized Data Entry
1. Batch Vs Realtime record update
2. Sequential Vs Direct Access to records
3. Single Vs Multiple User update of records
1. Traditional Vs Turn Around Documents
2. Structured Vs Inquiry based reports
Selecting the proper system
System the based of cost and profit with relative. There are 3 way system A, that is more preeminent than other system, if :
1. A have a cost more inferior than B and the profit of both are same.
2. A have a cost more inferior than B and A yielding profit is more much than B.
3. A and B have a some cost, but A's profit is more much.
Some comparation system method
1. Break Even point Analyisis
2. Payback Period
3. Discounted PayBack period
4. Internal Rate of Return
6. Physical sites
Detail of expense
Comparing the expense of information system through life of system, projection analyst how much/many change of expense for the future and there is 3 model of is expense of information system that is Linear, Eksponensial and of Step Function.
Expense of information system earn just happened once and earn also happened chronically.
1. Expense of just information system that happened once that is cost ontime and of development cost that happened system development moment.
2. Expense of information system that happened continually among others is cost reccuring and also cost operational where this expense happened information system moment operate every day.
The Information System Factor
Qualitative factors that lead the performance information system that both of them:
a. Reducing mistake storey
b. Reducing the time to fix errors
c. Reduce the response time from the workstation alternative
d. Accelerate the time of providing information
e. Improve security systems
f. Multiply to update the active source record
g. Improving user satisfaction
Company Strategy Factor
a. Customer satisfaction
b. Sales increased
c. Consumer and vendor commitment
d. Product marketing Information
Decision to continue or not
1. If the company decided to develop the system, the information department will do next, namely the System Design Process.
2. If the other way then the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) will be terminated.
3. Often a problem will be found with the study system and then usually top management will ask for the re-employment the study system.
4. Model will describe some of the stages of the repeated and sometimes the information will make a decision before the repeat stage system of study.
5. With the alternative, the decision to repeat a previous stage SDLC or not is called Go-No-Go Decision.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
System Investigation Concept